Start the road toward becoming a VR developer
This certification is designed for anyone who has foundational skills in both Unity and C# programming. With this certification, you can show postsecondary programs and employers that you’ve taken your first step toward mastering the foundations of creating VR experiences with Unity.
- Able to analyze ergonomic considerations in regards to VR
- Understand the importance of scale in a VR project
- Understand key features of spatial audio and how it is utilized in VR
What’s on the exam?
You can expect to see questions across the following topics.
Download the full list of what’s covered on the Unity Certified User: VR Developer exam below.
VR Project Setup
- Implement package management to enable VR
- Configure project settings according to VR platform requirements
- Determine the appropriate rendering pipeline
- Identify appropriate Unity object scale
- Understand Unity VR best practices for UI
- Determine the components needed for a user to physically manipulate objects
- Understand types of head tracking and degrees of movement in VR equipment
- Apply appropriate locomotion techniques
- Explain the use of spatialized sound and how to implement it
- Given a scenario, determine how to optimize a texture
- Identify the effect of poly count on runtime
- Identity the effect of particles and visual effects on runtime
- Identity the effect of lighting and shadows on runtime
- Predict the effect of latency to the user experience
Learn and practice
These tools will help you prepare to pass this certification.
Find the right certification to meet your needs. Check out Unity’s full suite of certifications across four difficulty levels and specialization tracks, including programmer and artist.
Validate your expert-level skills and mastery of advanced Unity concepts.