We are people who want to make a difference.
Everything we do starts with people. It’s what makes us different from all other car companies. If you share our belief in the power of people and our passion for human-centric innovation, you will thrive together with brilliant, like-minded colleagues who are committed to making a true difference?
Digital Surface Modellers must have in-depth 3D knowledge and ability to devise and create complex models creating effects to an exceptional standard. They must demonstrate a true understanding of the subtleties of modelling. Expert knowledge of various 3D software is a requirement and used on a daily basis.
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create Class-A (Single Span) 3D models from 2D drawings and input from Designers
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models for fabrication with Rapid Prototype machines, and CNC milling machine
- Utilize ALIAS AutoStudio/Surface to create interior/exterior vehicle Models based on scan data through reverse engineering for visual review and based on designers’ illustrations/verbal direction for visual review
- Work on a broad range of advanced design and production programs
- Collaborating cross functionally with all team disciplines
- Meet design specifications from Engineering and deadlines established by Design Managers
- Create VRed renderings and animations for presentations and reviews
- Work closely together with studio engineering on design solutions that can be brought to production
- Work with designers to help bring their ideations to life in 3D
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Design, Art or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Skilled at Alias / Auto Studio, VRed, and other 3D modelling software
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as internal clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Strong aesthetic sensibility
- Fluent English Skills required
- Candidates MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
Who are we?
Everything we do starts with people. Our purpose is to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable and safe way. We are committed to simplifying our customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones and the people around them.
Volvo Cars’ continued success is the result of a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive working environment. The people of Volvo Cars are committed to making a difference in our world. Today, we are one of the most well-known and respected car brands, with teams across the globe. We believe in bringing out the best in each other and harnessing the true power of people. At Volvo Cars your career is designed around your talents and aspirations so you can reach your full potential. Join us on a journey of a lifetime as we create safety, autonomous driving and electrification technologies of tomorrow.
How to apply
Please email John Kinsey at email@example.com with your application.